Thursday 23 January 2014

The new wave: being vegetarian and why

Living in Paris affects your life. It is not Paris of course, it is always you: the idea you have of Paris kicks the change in, because you have to challenge it. Something dormant within myself came out.

Monumental graveyard of Montparnasse
How was my Paris? A stupendous idea taken from books and films, I was utterly wrong. Paris drove a slightly different kind of mutation, something intimate: a sort of secular revelation. I could not stand any longer the cultural idea of not being able to see pigs, cows, horses and chickens simply as we look at cats, hamsters and dogs.



I felt a sense of love and belonging without boundaries:

Wallis Simpson and Edward VIII,
a matter of love that prevailed on duty.
When I came to this conclusion, the alleged necessity of enjoying eating the flesh of other sensitive beings had vanished. I went through a series of refurbishments of my inner Self and I ultimately became vegetarian (neither industrial meat nor venison nor fish nor insects):

Roy Lichtenstein, pop art,  Centre Pompidou, Fall 2013
My diet became more essential, and somehow more creative. I had to cope with an absence, which imposed to my creativity to be more alive. Every absence makes us stronger. It took me a while to figure out how to communicate all this new deal of impressions on the blog.



I hope i won't ever slip into being a vegetarian-taliban. I don't despise nor hate who clutches to a carnivorous alimentary regime: the process of respect toward animals is a slow march of self-determination. When you find yourself, you do not need an external sacrifice to prove you are alive. For me, it has been as lowering down a mask.

Tribal mask, in rue Bonaparte (close to Saint Germain de Pres)
Now, I know better that my editorial line should be less involuted and more straight to the point, something more inspirational. Enjoy then the ideas that gradually sprang out from my mind:

Tofu steak cooked on a pan with extra-virgin olive oil, capers and garlic,
then dressed with creamy organic balsamic vinegar.
Side it with crunchy salad and roasted peppers,
all sprinkled in Chia seeds





No comments:

Post a Comment