Thursday 9 August 2012

Heavenly (- ovenly) leek sausage

How is possible to turn an average lunch into something memorable? I started cooking around twenty to one pm. I was starting feeling those little hunger bites that risk to compromise the normal assumption of food, so I moved into the kitchen to prepare something. All of a sudden, I realized I had defrosted two leek sausages and I remembered (as soon as I spotted them) that yesterday night I had prepared some French beans with potatoes, so that the light marinate of Tesco organic* Balsamic vinegar (1,99£) and extra-virgin olive oil would have produced its seasoning effect over night. The fridge then provided me the three quarters of the inspiration. And I also figured out a link between my obsession for colour in my dishes and clothes. Sometimes the mind produces curious connections.


Max & Co. 2012 collection: luxury sportswear.
Clothes
may help to emphasise a status of the mind
(and unfortunately the status of the wallet,
it one is mastered only by appearances):



Boggi (both in Milan and London),
a nice article:


Isn't it true that the colours we dress reflect our humor: they why do not apply this concept to the cuisine? The real question that then was gearing around was how I would have arranged the two leek sausages: should I do them in the pan? Heavy, greasy, odd to clean. Should I do them under the grill? Boring and too simple! Can I do a barbecue on my own? Impossible, especially indoors, my flatmate wouldn't agree much. So what? Let's do them in the oven adding some personality!


The vegetables selection:

1 healthy-a-day green apple [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple];
1 organic carrot;
1 parsnip;
1 celery gem.


Produce three cuts in each leek sausage,
after having laid it down onto
an aluminium foil.


I could not resist to take a second picture,
because of the gleam. Vegetables are intense.


Cut roughly the vegetables and the apple
onto the sausages, as a garnishment


Add a section of butter-squash


Different tones of orange:
the favorite colour of a person dear to me.


Let it go in the oven for around 30 min at 210 °C
(gas mark 8)


Pass the dish, into the same tray,
under the grill for 4 mins
(this spaceship exhaust pipe-like grill is phenomenal)


French beans in the sun


Finished sausage sun bathing


A an overall view of the dish: 
sincerely (and immodestly) delightful.



No comments:

Post a Comment